Wednesday, February 29, 2012

[Coupon Diary] Entry One

Dear Diary,

Everywhere I look a new fad is popping up... on my television... in my RSS feed... in my favorite blog... on my Facebook... Couponing... and not just your average, "save 50 cents" but extreme couponing. 

I've seen the show, TLC's Extreme Couponing and I have seen the blogs, The Coupon Project and The Krazy Koupon Lady and always overlooked diving into the world "$1.45 shopping trips".

My savings typically includes "You Saved $3.49".  I want my savings to be "You Saved $60.00". 

I have read the Couponing for Beginners articles and I literally am a victim of every "What Not To Do"!  I shop randomly through the week for that night's dinner... I don't carry my coupons in a organized fashion... I don't make lists based on sales... but I want to.  I want to save my family money.  I want to be thrifty.  I want to be an extreme couponer!
 
My first entry included how to begin.  The Krazy Koupon Lady tells me that I can become an extreme couponer in 10 days.  The Coupon Project: Coupons 101 walks me through 15 lessons.  Overwhelmed much?  Yes.  It seems so easy.  Simple really?  Get Sunday paper, clip the coupons, scan the ads, organize coupons... very simple indeed. 

Well I am going to take this journey into my own hands, with the much needed help from the experts at it all.  I already have my [smaller] coupon binder.  I have begun "clipping" but I have not begun shopping.  I am a little intimidated at it all.  These experts tackle all stores... all items... all coupons.  I am thinking that I am going to start out small.  Start with the stores I shop at most: Target, Fred Meyer and Safeway.  After I spend the rest of the week researching and organizing, I will begin with my Sunday paper and my weekly ads and begin making my lists for the week.  My goal... save more money.

Well my dear diary... I think I have rambled enough on where to begin and how crazy this new project sounds... but I am excited... I really am...

                                                                      Sincerely,

No comments:

Post a Comment