Sunday, February 12, 2012

[DIY] Bow Holder

I have a little girl.  She was born with a full head of hair.  The old wives' tale about heartburn and a newborn with hair was proven true for this mommy.  I never had heartburn before my pregnancy and towards the end of my second trimester into my third, Hello Heartburn.  Boy (or girl...) was I poppin' Tums.  

When my daughter was born, I did not go bow crazy.  It wasn't until about one month old I decided to add a nice alligator clip bow into her hair.

Now I never got into over the top bows, but after a few months, the bows became and essential part of my daughter's life to keep the hair out of her eyes.  A year and a half later, I was losing bows all over the place.  It was time to make a Bow Holder of my own.





I have seen many bow holders on Pinterest.  Some of my favorites have included:

Little Birdie Secrets: Bow Holder

Make It and Love It: Bow Holder

Baby Making Machine's Blog

 [DIY] Bow Holder

Difficulty:
  • Easy 

Time:
  • 15 to 30 minutes

Supplies:
  • A picture frame [This was an old frame from my Grandmother]
  • Scrapbook paper [I used 2 - 12"x12" sheets]
  • Glue Stick
  • Ribbon [I used the backside of a ribbon I had since I did not like the design]
  • Hot Glue Gun & Glue


 Steps:
  • Glue your scrapbook paper on to a piece of cardboard.  Make sure to line up the design the best you can.  Don't worry about if it is uneven, you can cover it with ribbon later.  The key is to leave paper along the edges to fold over.

  • Fold the paper over.  Make a cut where the end of the cardboard is for each corner.


  • You will have 4 corners cut out around the cardboard like so...

  • Fold up the sides and glue with your glue stick.  You can use your hot glue gun if you'd like.


  • Using your hot glue gun, glue ribbon strips on to your base.  Remember to cover the section where you aligned the design together with ribbon. (You can see where the longer ribbon is aligned with the start of the second page of scrapbook paper).
  •  

  • Now add your base to your frame.  Volla!  You have your own bow holder!  You may decorate it accordingly or leave it as you wish.



Thank you for stopping by!  As always, comments and questions are greatly appreciated


No comments:

Post a Comment