Wednesday, February 15, 2012

[Women's Style] | [Guide] What is Polyvore?

If you have checked out the Women's Apparel category on Pinterest you may have seen something like this...


Casual Touch of Yellow




When I first saw this I thought, what exactly is this?  And how can I make my own outfits?

The answer is Polyvore.

What Exactly is Polyvore? 
[From their website]

Polyvore is the web's largest community of tastemakers where people can discover their style and set trends around the world. Trendseekers and shoppers alike come to Polyvore to discover the hottest brands, products, trends and looks.
Polyvore's easy-to-use virtual styling tool lets you mix and match products from any online store to create fashion collections called "sets".
After you have created a set, you can publish and share it with your friends and the Polyvore community.

 How Can I Make My Own Outfits?
  •  Simply sign up at polyvore.com.  It's so simple.  You can follow me at YouCanPinterest on Polyvore.
  • Once you are apart of the community you can begin creating your "set" (or outfit as I call it). 
  •  All the categories can be found to your right.  Find the category you'd like to begin with and click on it.


 How Can I Narrow My Choices or See More?
  • On the right hand side there are small tabs to narrow your search by color, price and even enter your own keywords (which are pre-set to help you find keywords)
  • You can also click on the arrow or type in a page number to see more options.


What Do I Do When I Find Something I Like?
  • Simply drag it to the left side.  
  • Here you can move the item, resize it or rotate.  You can also flip it, flop it, copy it... it's your blank canvas to design.
  • Clicking on the little house will allow you to go back home to the categories and continue browsing.


How Do I Publish?
  • Simply hit "Publish" on the far left side with the white check in the green box. 
  • A screen will pop-up and ask you for a title, description and category.  
  • You may add optional tags (which are also preset).
  • Hit Publish and...


Your outfit is now on your Polyvore page for all to see!
  • Share it on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr... 


Such a fun and simple way to explore the fashionista in you!  You can even look for items in your price range for everyday looks or check out the latest designer fashions.

Keep stylin' and Polyvore (& Pinterest)!


No comments:

Post a Comment