Thursday, March 1, 2012

[DIY] Decorative Wall Art

I have a skinny hall in my home.  On one side there is a large painting that was given to my family from my wonderful brother-in-law and sister-in-law and on the other side... blank.

I have seen a few DIY wall hangings on Pinterest and this led me to Becoming Martha and Spunky Junky.  They each have two great tutorials using old shoebox lids and painting canvases.  I did not have either, but I did have these old pieces of Christmas presents left over.  What a great way to upcycle some old cardboard and scrapbook paper, fabric, paint... lying around your house. 





[DIY]  Decorative Wall Art

Difficulty:
  • Easy

Time:
  • 15 minutes to 30 minutes

Supplies:
  • Box lids, canvas or any leftover cardboard pieces
  • Scrapbook paper
  • Glue stick
  • Scissors 


Steps:
  • Begin by measuring (or eyeballing) the paper over the cardboard.
  • Add glue to the base of the cardboard.  A glue stick works best because it does not leave large blobs of glue behind.  


  • Once you have the paper glued to the base, turn it over and cut out the corners to make it easy to fold over the edges.
 
  • Simply glue the sides :)
  • Now you have easy wall art to decorate any space in your home!




I apologize for the coloring of the photos.  My hall is skinny and there is absolutely zero natural light. 

Thanks so much for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment