Monday, March 5, 2012

[YummMonday] Garlic, CheesyMashed Cauliflower

I went looking for a delicious side for my Roasted Chicken Breasts on Sunday and after raiding my refrigerator I found a head of cauliflower in the veggie drawer.  I immediately remembered a Mashed Cauliflower recipe I saw on Pinterest.

I found this recipe from The Food Network: Mock Garlic Mashed Potatoes.  I love garlic mashed potatoes and I had some fresh garlic cloves sitting nicely on my counter.  I decided this was the recipe to try!  And a huge score!  It only took me one recipe to look at :)  Here is my version, with a little adaptions from the original.




[Recipe]  Cheesy, Garlic Mashed Cauliflower

Difficulty:
  • Easy

Time:
  • 15 minutes to 30 minutes

Ingredients:



    • Half a head of cauliflower cut and cleaned
    • One small clove of garlic
    • 2 tablespoons of butter or margarine
    • 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese
    • 1/3 cup of cream cheese
    • 1/4 cup of Mozzarella cheese
    • Salt and pepper to flavor

    Steps:
    • Clean and cut your cauliflower.
    • Steam your cauliflower for approx. 9 to 10 minutes until tender.
    • Add cauliflower into a food processor. Add butter, garlic, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
    • Whip until smooth.






    Enjoy a healthy, delicious side dish!


    No comments:

    Post a Comment