Friday, March 2, 2012

[Fun Friday] Color Hunt

My little girl is learning so much these days.  Her fine motor skills have really began to flourish before my eyes.  She is also learning new words and numbers each and every day.  She can count to 15 and say her ABCs up until G.  One area of learning we have not had a lot of success is colors.  She just does not seem to have any interest in learning them.  She recognizes colors when I ask her and about 50% of the time will get them right the first reply... but I wanted to help her get more love for the colors!  So I created this basic 3 color scavenger hunt.

Since I do not want to over stimulate her little brain, my goal is to focus one three colors a week.   This is why I designed the "Color Hunt" in a series of three.  :)

What we did was went on a "hunt" for any item that was red, yellow or blue.  When we found something red, we identified where the red was and then identified the item.  Then I showed her where to color in on her red circle.

You can adapt this for older kiddos in a few ways:
  • Giving them a time limit (since they can add up how many they found at the bottom of each column)
  • Giving them all three pages at once
  • Having them write what they find in or around the circle

It is totally up to you.  I wanted to make this Fun Friday something that is fun, yet educational!


Red, Yellow, Blue
Orange, Green, Purple



Black, Brown, White

I hope your Fun Friday leads to a fantastic weekend!  Thanks for stopping by!





Image Source: ABCteach.com

No comments:

Post a Comment